Table of Contents
If you would like more information on data protection generally, we recommend you go to the Information Commissioner's Office website at www.ico.org.uk.
2. Data Privacy and Protection Policy
2.1. Who We Are
Chestnut Financial Services Limited provides financial planning solutions and advice through experienced and qualified advisers based in the UK. We determine the purposes and means of processing personal client data relating to giving advice, so we are responsible for managing that data and ensuring compliance.
2.2. What Data We Collect
Personal information includes your name, address, or phone number, and other information that is not otherwise publicly available. We collect personal information about you when you contact us about products and services, visit a financial advisor, visit a website we may have, or register to receive one of our newsletters (if applicable).
The type of personal information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and includes:
- Contact details
- Information to verify your identity
- Family, lifestyle, health, and financial information
- Payment details.
We collect personal information directly from you. For example, we ask for personal information at the start of our relationship and in subsequent communications in order to check your identity and protect you from fraud.
Special Category Information
In some instances, it is necessary to collect more sensitive information (such as health or lifestyle information) which is called special category data. This is to allow us to provide our financial advice service to you. We will always obtain your consent during the advice process to gather this data and explain what information we require and why it is needed. Sensitive personal information will always be processed and stored securely. You can withdraw your consent at any time to us processing this data, however, this may mean that you can no longer access the service or product the information was gathered for.
2.3. How Your Data Is Used
- Providing our advice, products, or services to you
- Carrying out transactions you have requested
- Confirming and verifying your identity for security purposes
- Credit scoring and assessment, and credit management (where applicable)
- Detecting and preventing fraud, crime, money laundering, or other malpractice.
We also process your data for specific business purposes to enable us to give you the best products and services and the best and most secure experience. For example, we process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests.
Our business purposes include the following:
- Enhancing, modifying, and personalizing our services for the benefit of our customers
- Providing communications which we think will be of interest to you
- Market or customer satisfaction research or statistical analysis
- Audit and record-keeping purposes
- Enhancing the security of our network and information systems.
You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, please see the “Your Data Rights” section below. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
2.5. Privacy Protection
We also collect information about you from other sources. For example, our website automatically collects information from your computer using “cookies” which provides us with limited personal information.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owners. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result. Please contact us if you have any questions.
2.6. How We Keep Your Information Secure
We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of the personal information that we hold and we continue to review our security controls and related policies and procedures to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy, and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information is kept secure.
2.7. Other Data Protection Information
2.8. Your Data Rights
Our clients have the following data protection rights;
- The right to be informed – You can request that we provide fair processing of information, typically through this privacy notice;
- The right of access - You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you using the contact details found at the end of this policy;
- The right to rectification - The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. You have the right to ask us to update or correct your personal information;
- The right to erasure – You may request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
- The right to object – You may object to the processing of your data based on legitimate interests;
- The right to restrict processing - You have a right to request we ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability – You may request to obtain and reuse your data; and
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you wish to correct, restrict, delete, or make changes to your personal information, or any of the data subject rights listed above, please contact us.
Chestnut Financial Services Limited tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind, therefore further information can be gathered by contacting us
2.9. Your Marketing Rights
You have the right to opt-out of marketing information and tell us what your communication preferences are by contacting us using the details provided below. You may opt out at any time if you don’t want to receive any further communications of this nature.
Please Get In Touch
2a Sadler Court, Lincoln, LN6 3RG
The guidance and/or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime. It is therefore targeted at consumers based in the UK. Chestnut Financial Services Limited. Registered in England no 9918363, 2a Sadler Court, Lincoln, LN6 3RG. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.