Our Value For You As Health Insurance Advisers
- We can help you understand the importance and value of health insurance
- We help you insure properly against the financial effects of losing your income, and the lives and health of you and your loved ones
- We can try to find better or cheaper insurance than you already have
- We can help you if you have a claim that needs help with paying out
- We search the whole of the insurance market
- We take the hassle of administration away from you, saving you time
How Many Days Would Your Money Last?
How much income might you need to pay your bills, and for how long might you need cover for?
- What would happen if you became ill and couldn’t afford to pay the bills?
- If you’re employed, do you have sick pay to fall back on and how long is this paid for - in full, then for a fraction, then nothing?
- If you’re self-employed, what would you do if you couldn’t work for any reason?
- How long can your savings cover any personal loan or debt repayments?
- Thinking of relying on statutory sick pay? That's £94.25 a week for up to 28 weeks) - assuming you qualify.
Serious Illness Insurance
Serious illness cover, also known as critical illness cover, gives you financial protection against certain illnesses and medical conditions of a specific severity.
It provides you with a tax-free lump sum cash payment which can, for example, help you pay off your mortgage, pay for treatment to help you recover or pay your household bills.
- 1 in 2 will get cancer in their lifetime (Source: Cancer Research UK Jan 2020)
- 27% of all deaths in the UK are heart-related (Source: British Heart Foundation 2019)
- 1 stroke happens every 5 minutes in the UK (Source: Stroke Association UK 2018)
- Around one child in 29 loses a parent before they grow up.
- 1 million workers in the UK find themselves unable to work because of injury or illness, every year.
What Does Private Medical Insurance Cover?
Treatment for a disease, illness, or injury that is likely to respond quickly to treatment which aims to return you to the state of health you were in before suffering the condition, or which leads to your full recovery.
It means getting you and your loved ones through the health system quicker through reduced waiting times, a speedy diagnosis, and treatment.
It is designed to work alongside, not to replace, all the services offered by the NHS - clients continue to use the NHS.
The NHS Waiting List
The NHS has shown true resilience over the last few months in supporting the nation’s healthcare. But there are some sobering consequences:
- Macmillan Cancer Support said in August 2020, "... results from June suggest an alarming backlog of undiagnosed cancer and a growing number of people who are yet to start treatment".
- More people than ever before - 1.85 million - are waiting longer than 18 weeks for planned hospital surgery, such as knee and hip operations.
- Measured June 2019 to 2020, 94,354 patients were admitted for routine treatment in June, down from 289,203 in June 2019.
Please Get In Touch
The guidance and/or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore targeted at consumers based in the UK.
Chestnut Financial Services Limited. Registered in England no 9918363. Registered office: 10 Newark Road, Bassingham, LN5 9HA.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority No. 840940