Our Investment Advice Service
A Warm Welcome From Ian, Our Independent Financial Adviser
We enjoy the opportunity to take a rounded, life-long, approach to financial advice, especially investment advice, taking into account each client’s family life, hopes and aspirations, as well as their financial situation. Our aim is to give you the confidence that all your financial planning needs have been put in place, leaving you to get on and enjoy the lifestyle you have been preparing for.
Here's a few questions to check your total peace of mind and the lifestyle you deserve:
- Are you making the best use of any spare capital or surplus income?
- Are you being tax efficient?
- Are you saving for specific objectives and goals, such as retirement, house deposit, school or university fees, marriage etc?
Our investment advice service aims to build your portfolio in the style that is most suited to you.
Our Investment Advice
We try to help you create wealth, ensuring you maximise your standard of living for when you do not want to work so hard, and manage your wealth, making the most of tax-efficient investment opportunities, so that money is available when you want to spend it.
To give you all-round investment advice we look at platforms and products (the wrappers or ‘pots’ that you hold your investments in) and the assets (the underlying investment holdings), matching them to your personal circumstances, needs, objectives, and thoughts on investment risk.
We will talk through with you how soon you need to get your money back. Time frames vary for different goals and will affect the type of risks you can take on. For example:
- If you’re saving for a house deposit and hoping to buy in a couple of years, investments such as shares or funds will not be suitable because their value goes up or down.
- Over the long term, investments other than cash savings accounts tend to give you a better chance of beating inflation and reaching your pension goal.
Most people would love the chance to maximise the potential of their hard-earned money and savings, whether it be to provide a pension, an additional income to meet planned expenditure, or simply as an emergency fund for unforeseen circumstances. It is well worth getting investment advice if these key changes in life happen because they have financial and tax implications:
- going through a divorce
- getting married or remarried
- looking to leave a legacy
- wanting to invest a windfall
- planning for retirement
- repaying your interest-only mortgage
- needing to raise funds
- doing some intergenerational planning
- wanting to know you have leading ISA and savings account rates
Our independent investment advice can confidently cover all these situations, and a lot more!
Investment Advice and Risk of Loss
No investment advice service would be sensible without taking into account your attitude to investment risk and capacity for investment loss. We will make certain that we understand your investment profile – the risks you are willing to take to achieve gains vs any potential losses you are prepared to accept. Just as importantly are the risks you are not prepared to take or losses you are not prepared to accept - after all who plans for a pension only to find it isn't sufficient.
We balance these needs carefully. In this way, we can deliver a well-diversified range of investment advice to match your attitude to risk.
We recommend spreading investments across different types of investments and take account of any economic factors both in the UK as well as internationally.
Our role is to explain any of the terms so that you understand them and can make a financial plan with confidence.
The value of investments can fall as well as rise.
You may get back less than you invested.