- Saving and Spending Wisely
Our Value For You
- We help you understand pensions and investments
- We solve how to get extra returns, save costs, or get the right balance, for your investments
- We design investment portfolios suited for you and can help keep an eye on them, regularly
- We can take the complex, and distill it simply
- We are independent financial advisers, using market-leading research to find answers for your problems
- We take the hassle of administration away from you; form filling, button pressing – all saving you time, trouble and concerns if anything wasn’t quite right
If you want the reassurance somebody is on your side working hard to get a solution for you, give us a call.
What our advice can do for you
We want to make sure you get the right pension and investment advice so that you can save and spend wisely - and that takes great quality independent financial advice.
We understand that making decisions about retirement - both saving for it and then enjoying it - can be confusing, so there's nothing better than knowing that great independent retirement advice is available in the comfort of your own home.
- We can help answer "how much do I need to retire", "am I making the best use of my money", "am I being tax-efficient", "what risks am I taking", and "can I do things better"
- We can help you really understand what you have and make it work hard for you
- We work with you to create the right kind of investment portfolio to match your objectives e.g. income and meeting lump-sum needs
- When its time to take income or capital (or both) we can advise on the best way to do it
- We can help you understand if you have got enough money to retire now, or sooner than planned
Ian is qualified through and a member of, the Personal Finance Society, to make sure all his advice is the best available for his clients.
The Money Advice Service
We are pleased to be listed on the Government's Retirement Adviser Directory, run by the Money Advice Service, provided by the Money and Pension Service, an arm's length government body sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions. It is committed to ensuring people throughout the UK have guidance and access to the information they need to make effective financial decisions over their lifetime.
Consolidating Pension Pots
We provide independent pension advice, treating pensions as:
- investments - you should always want to get the most value!
- costly - you should always want to try to spend the least amount of money on fees as possible!
- taxed - you should always want to make pensions the best and most tax-efficient investment ever!
- With the benefit of getting the right advice to build a proper pension for your retirement, you can achieve great things.
We look at:
- the value of your current pensions,
- how they might grow for when you might retire, and
- what risks might be being taken - most people take completely unnecessary risks for their funds.
You may be pleasantly surprised to find you are well within your limits of investment risk or want advice to invest more comfortably.
The BIG Financial Planning Question
- Have You Got Enough Money?
We want to solve this question for you!
- Many of our clients soon realise that we can help them to change their lives through financial planning.
- What does it mean to live a good life? Does it mean enjoying experiences? Love? Success? Opportunity?
- Many people have asked us some very important questions, which we see as "will I be ok?" and "will my family be ok?".
- Have you ever said 'one day I would like to...'? We need to understand what plans you have for the future and how you have got to where you are.
- What if there isn't a 'one day'? We like thinking about what you want out of life - it isn't a rehearsal - our precious time is slipping away.
- Why not do it now? We want to help and inspire you to do stuff in the time we have left on this planet, not your money.
- We think you want us to answer your questions - whatever they may be - and to work with you to clarify what really makes you happy.
- So, we look at your current financial plan (if you have one) and see what, if anything, needs changing to help you understand how to achieve what you want to in life!
Need Financial Advice on Divorce?
Our Value For You
We completely understand the strain, stress, anguish, and emotional upheaval involved with divorce.
- We help you rebuild your finances with confidence
- We help sort out new Wills, pensions, investments, insurances, and mortgages
- Better still, we help you plan your finances to eliminate mortgages, borrowings, and debt over the right amount of time
- We can build financial plans with you that give you financial security for life!
- We help you understand and manage your finances - budgeting and debt consolidation
- We understand how difficult it can be to give up a pension pot, particularly in an acrimonious divorce. We can advise on potential tax issues by using pensions as part of divorce settlements.
- We can also help understand calculating the Lifetime Allowance, Cash Equivalent Transfer Values, and the Money Purchase Annual Allowance.
The value of pensions and investments and the income they produce can fall as well as rise.
Pensions are a long term investment. You may get back less than you put in.
Pensions can be and are subject to tax and regulatory change; therefore the tax treatment of pension benefits can and may change in the future.
The guidance and/or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime, and is therefore targeted at consumers based in the UK.
Chestnut Financial Services Limited. Registered in England no 9918363. Registered office: 10 Newark Road, Bassingham, LN5 9HA. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority No. 840940